Leaving a Legacy
Have You Considered Putting CHI in Your Will?
When you remember Catholic Healthcare International in your will, you leave a legacy of hope for future generations. You ensure that those who are sick and infirm will be well cared for in the eyes of the Lord and that Catholic physicians will be formed in the mind and heart of Jesus the Divine Healer.
Please consult your attorney or financial planner. It is recommended that you include the CHI Tax ID number: 20-1683979. Below are some sample wordings for your bequest:
- To make a Simple Bequest:
- “I give and bequeath to Catholic Healthcare International of 906 Kingsridge Court, Wildwood, MO 63021, the sum of $_____ (or a specific item of property such as a relic, real estate, stocks, bonds, etc.) to be used as the organization determines.”
- To make a Residual Bequest:
- You may choose to leave the residue of your estate after you have provided for family members and other beneficiaries. “I give and bequeath to Catholic Healthcare International of 906 Kingsridge Court, Wildwood, MO 63021, the residue of my estate to be used as the organization determines.”
Other Ways to Give for a Lasting Impact…
A Planned Gift – A donation to Catholic Healthcare International through a planned gift gives you the opportunity to support our work. Some examples of Planned Gifts include:
- Will Bequests
- Life Insurance and IRA Proceeds
- Charitable Gift Annuities (CGAs)
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
Through a CGA, a donor can transfer cash, marketable securities, or other assets to a charitable organization in exchange for that organization’s promise to make fixed payments – either immediately or deferred to some future date – to the donor for the remainder of his lifetime.
Because the CGA is part charitable gift and part annuity contract, the gift portion of the transfer is – depending on the value of the asset and the annuity rate – immediately deductible for tax purposes.
For more information about CGA’s and other planned giving programs, please call Tom Lynch at 734 – 707 – 5160.
The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as specific legal or tax advice. Please seek guidance from your own legal, tax, or professional advisors prior to making any gift.